Wednesday 27 January 2010

Into the home straight

Temperature on the drive in today: -4.5° most of the way. -2.5° in town. On the radio: AC/DC – Highway to Hell; Madness – Night Boat to Cairo; Rod Stewart – Do You Think I’m Sexy. High spot – Madness of course.

Out of mere curiosity (yeah, right) I calculated how many more days I might spend chained to this desk – God and the management willing. And it’s as I’d guessed – I’m into the last thousand. I don’t intend to tick them off like a prisoner chalking on his wall, but it’s a sobering thought that if I count back a thousand days, it doesn’t seem to take me very far into the past.

So I decided to have another go at this blog. To help to fill out those days, to divert my attention from the ticking clock. Will I have the imagination or motivation to keep it up? Remains to be seen.

No comments: