Thursday 25 January 2007

What is Basse Cuisine?

It's the opposite of haute cuisine, of course. No-nonsense food.

Some things, I've been cooking for so long I've run out of ways to improve them. You're very welcome to share my tips and techniques. A few words of warning: I'm not necessarily very precise on quantites. I'm a great fan of cooking slowly. And I believe that a steamer is a cook's best friend - if you haven't got one you'll have to boil and guess.

While the point of this is to produce international dishes with local ingredients, one or two may include British specialities. Oxo cubes, for example. Have them shipped from the UK or get them in Stonemanor, but be sure you have them in your storecupboard

2 comments:

FlightLevelZero said...

Off to a good start! I have often been tempted to do the same ... may yet still do.

ThreadBaron

The SSK said...

Hi FLZ, I see 'may yet still do' has become 'have done'. I look forward to returning the compliment.